The TTU AMSA Leadership Team has made the following changes for the Spring 2021 semester in light of the COVID-19 pandemic:
1. Point Requirement Reduction
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic affecting the number and availability of community service events in the Lubbock Community, the TTU AMSA Leadership Team has decided to lower the point requirement for general members to 6 points for the Spring 2021 semester. The new point breakdown is as follows:
★ 6 Points Per Semester ★
- 2 from General Meetings
- The rest can come from a combination of healthcare networking, community service, and advocacy involvement.
- Each hour of community service will equate to one point, with a maximum of three points for one community service event.
In addition, fundraising events at local restaurants and social events in-person have been suspended for the duration of the semester. The TTU AMSA Leadership Team has come up with alternative opportunities for both fundraising and social events this semester that prioritize the health of all of those involved.
2. General Meeting Modality
In order to comply with Texas Tech University and CDC guidelines for gatherings of large groups during the COVID-19 pandemic, the TTU AMSA Leadership Team has decided to move all informational and general meetings for this semester to a fully online format. As such, all meetings this semester will be conducted on the online platform Zoom.
Despite the change in modality of our meetings, almost all aspects of our general meetings will still be implemented for this semester! The following will still occur at our meetings:
- Guest Speakers
- Check out our Guest Speakers page to view the upcoming guest speakers at our Zoom meetings!
- Everyone that enters the Zoom meeting within the first 10 minutes and stays the entire duration of the meeting will be eligible for an AMSA Sweater coupon! (Must be present to win).
3. Our TTU AMSA Chapter Commitment
The TTU AMSA Leadership Team wants to ensure you that we are doing everything we can to allow all of our members to have a safe, healthy, and productive Spring 2021 semester!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding how the TTU AMSA Leadership Team is handling operations amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.