Thank you for your interest in AMSA! In order to become a member, please make sure to complete these important items:
1. Sign up with the National AMSA chapter
● Go to http://www.amsa.org
● Click the “Join AMSA” hyperlink located on the top right side of the website.
● Scroll down to the “Member Types” section and click the “Join Online” link. All students sign up under the Pre-Med student section, even if you are not Pre-Med.
● Fill out all the membership steps and send your proof (screenshot) of membership to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to register as a member of the Texas Tech Chapter.
2. Join our Organization on TechConnect
● Go to https://ttu.campuslabs.com/engage/
● Sign in using your eraider credentials.
● Type in “American Medical Student Association Tech Chapter” in the search bar. Make sure you join the one that says TECH CHAPTER!
● You will use TechConnect to sign up for all events!
3. Join us on Slack!
- Go to this website: amsatexastech.slack.com
- Sign up with your TTU Email.
- That’s it! You will receive AMSA Updates to events, talk with people who share your interests, and network with others in our handy communication app.
4. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay in the loop.
5. Maintain involvement in AMSA
★ 10 Points Per Semester ★
- 2 from General Meetings
- 1 from Social Events
- 1 from Fundraising
- The rest can come from a combination of healthcare networking, community service, and advocacy involvement.
- Each hour of community service will equate to one point, with a maximum of three points for one community service event.