Thank you for your interest in AMSA! In order to become a member, please make sure to complete these important items:
1. Sign up with the National AMSA Chapter.
● Go to http://www.amsa.org
● Click the “Join AMSA” hyperlink located on the top right side of the website.
● Scroll down to the “Member Types” section and click the “Join Online” link. All students sign up under the Pre-Med student section, even if you are not Pre-Med.
● Fill out all the membership steps and send your proof (screenshot) of membership to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to register as a member of the Texas Tech Chapter.
2. Join our Organization on TechConnect.
● Go to https://ttu.campuslabs.com/engage/
● Sign in using your eRaider credentials.
● Type in “American Medical Student Association Tech Chapter” in the search bar. Make sure you join the one that says TECH CHAPTER!
● You will use TechConnect to sign up for all events!
3. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay in the loop.
4. Maintain involvement in AMSA.
★ 8 Points Per Semester ★
- 2 from General Meetings
- 1 from a Social Event
- 1 from a Community Service Event
- The rest can come from a combination of healthcare networking, community service, and advocacy involvement.
- Each hour of community service will equate to one point, with a maximum of three points for one community service event.