STEM & Leaf Corps
The STEM & Leaf Corps is a education-based outreach initiative with two main goals.
First, they aim to maximize the potential of each and every student they work with at the primary and secondary education levels. To meet the demand of our students, they offer high-level educational outreach in the form of Project-Based Learning, AP/IB Review Sessions, National Science Bowl Lectures, STAAR specific small-group sessions, and concept-driven tutoring at all levels free-of-charge.
Second, they aim to give their high achieving undergraduate students from various disciplines the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in instruction, leadership, and communication while stimulating an interest in the incorporation of teaching into their future careers.
Find their application by clicking here!
McNair Scholars Program
The Application for the McNair Scholars Program is currently open, due March 27th
Highly motivated and disciplined rising juniors (Class of 2022 or 2023) who are:
- U.S. Citizens or Permanent Legal Residents of the U.S.
- First-Generation AND Income Eligible or Members of an Underrepresented Group in Graduate Education (African American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Hispanic/Latino, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
- In Good Academic Standing (3.0+ GPA desired)
- Any Major
- Desiring to pursue Graduate Studies, especially at the Ph.D. Level
This is what they will need for the application.
- 500 word Essay: As a McNair Scholar, what do you hope to research? and Why do you want to go to graduate school?
- Unofficial Transcript
- 2 Academic/Professional Recommendations
DTI Research Week: Luncheon & Other Events
|Come out for a FREE lunch and hear a 27 year-old’s story of how he went from student to an entrepreneur with a company valued at $60M. Jan Bednar will share his story of his humble beginnings as a child growing up in the Czech Republic to being recognized in Forbes’ 30 Under 30. |
The keynote luncheon is a part of the Discoveries to Impact Conference (DTI) from March 30th-April 3rd, 2020. All events during the DTI Conference are FREE and open to the public. Click here to see the full conference schedule and to learn more about Jan Bednar.